One of the best body care products known since ancient times is cosmetic oils. If in the past only the elect could lubricate the body with oils, today, thanks to the latest technologies, everyone can use the wonderful properties of oils in body care. Due to their fine structure and fast absorption into the skin, vegetable oils are ideal transporters of biologically active substances, they nourish and soften the skin. By receiving natural vitamins and microelements, it is a natural food without preservatives and emulsifiers, the skin becomes younger.
In aromatherapy, these oils are called transport or base oils. These oils are highly soluble in essential oils and are known to be insoluble in water and little used undiluted. In addition, base oils have a healing effect. The human body is able to use all the ingredients of vegetable oils. Vegetable oils have a beneficial effect on the skin, hair and nails. To prepare the creams you want at home, massage oils usually take 10-15 g of base oil and add 2-3 drops of essential oil . It is important to choose the right base oil for aromatherapy procedures.
The most suitable base oils for skin types
For dry skin – base oils with moisturizing, nourishing properties. Before applying the oil, it is recommended to moisten the skin with flower water and while the skin is moist, apply a thin layer of oil for deeper and more effective moisturizing.
Wheat germ oil
Macadamia nut oil
Sweet almond oil
(Camellia oil, Sesame oil )
For oily, combination and normal skin – base oils, which have healing, astringent, balancing properties.
Grape seed oil
(Jojoba oil, Nimes oil)
For wilted and mature skin – base oils with regenerating properties.
Apricot kernel oil
Wheat germ oil
(Jojoba oil, Cucumber oil, Camellia oil, Evening primrose oil)
Once you have chosen the most suitable oil for your skin type, you can use it as follows:
• For nourishing the face, neck and skin around the eyes:
After cleansing the skin, massage 3-5 drops of oil into the moist skin with light movements, following the directions of the massage lines. The oil should be applied very carefully to the eyelids. Apply a small amount of oil to prevent it from getting on the lashes. At the end of the procedure, it is recommended to moisten the skin with a damp cotton swab.
• To soften and moisturize the skin of the body. Pour a little oil on wet hands and apply on the skin of the body.
• To soften and moisturize the skin of the hands. Apply liberally to the oil on your hands, put on cotton gloves for 2-3 hours (or, overnight, preferably) or wrap your hands in napkins.
• To prevent hair regrowth after depilation. To prevent skin irritation after depilation, moisten it with avocado oil.
• For enriching nourishing creams and lotions. Add 5-10 drops of oil to a single dose of cream or lotion.
• For making nourishing and moisturizing masks. Add 5-10 drops to the dose of cosmetics for the oil mask. The mask is recommended no more than once a week.
• For removing make-up. Apply 2-3 drops of oil on a damp cotton pad and gently cleanse your face following the directions of the massage lines. Repeat this procedure several times until the face is free of dust and make-up. Similarly, shadows on the eyelids and mascara can be removed. When cleaning your lashes, press them lightly with a cotton pad so that the mascara stays on the cotton wool.
• Mask-compress for dry, sensitive, normal and aging facial skin. Soak cotton wool or gauze in lightly warmed vegetable oil, apply on face. To enhance the heating effect, gauze can be folded in two layers. Hold the mask-compress on the face for 30 minutes.
• Mask-compress for hair (before washing hair). Gently massage the well-heated oil into the scalp, then wrap the head in a heated towel. After 30 minutes, wash your hair with a suitable shampoo (egg shampoo is recommended).
Base oils can be purchased at www.darinat.lv