Making candles from ECO soy wax
The fee per person is EUR 35 (pre-paid) or EUR 40 on the day of the class.
In the lesson we will learn the basics of making soy wax candles. There will be both theoretical and practical advice on how to better strengthen the wicks and avoid wax leakage. Let’s make two soy wax candles using two different ways of fixing the wick. Let’s try to flavor the candles and decorate with plants.
Soy wax candles are 100% natural, which is a great alternative to paraffin, and they are cheaper than beeswax candles.
Pluses of soy wax candles:
- Burning soy wax candles does not increase the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.
- Soy wax candles produce 90% less soot than paraffin wax candles.
- They burn up to 50% longer than paraffin candles.
- If the wax drips, it is easy to clean from both the furniture and the fabric.
- Aromatic soy wax candles distribute more aroma.
- Theoretical part.
- Practical part:
We make several types of candles.
We are trying different ways to fasten the wick.
Let’s make more this or that. :).
- Theoretical part (and waiting for the candles to harden).
You will have given yourself a great opportunity to delight yourself and others with tasteful natural wax candles
The lesson takes place if at least 5 participants have applied!
Entry fee per person EUR 40. Online classes will be organized in the ZOOM application. The principle of the lesson will remain the same. It will take place as a standard lesson with all the theoretical and practical parts of the materials provided to the participants before the lesson.
In order to fully participate in the lesson and receive all the necessary materials, the participant must register and pay for the lesson no later than the Friday of the previous week of the online lesson!
All materials will be sent to participants with DPD Pickup points!
Online classes provide all the necessary materials for practical work remotely!
- Candle waxes or soap bases;
- etc. things are needed for the lesson.
In addition to the materials we send out, each participant will have to prepare individually:
- Heat-resistant container in which to melt wax ~ 700ml large. (It is best to use a metal can (food such as tomato or peach) or any other container)
- A boiler in which the melting container can be placed and the wax melted in a water bath.
- Stove to melt the wax! (suitable for any – gas, induction, electric, etc.)
All individually conducted classes take place in person in our cozy premises at Antonijas Street 9.
We will agree on the times of the lessons individually, finding the most suitable and convenient option for all of us.
The duration of the individual lesson is ~ 2 h, during which you will not only know all the necessary information to make candles, soap or bath balls, but will also work in practice.
The price of an individual lesson is 70 eur.